Sunday, March 18, 2007

Racism Rears Its Badly Dressed Head (again!)

This actually happened back in 2005 when I first started My Space, but I forgot to post it here...seems like something quite a few folks need to think about!

Here's the one downside to My Space...watching totally normally people go completely to the mental zoo just because they're connected to you online and you can't see them in person.

So one of these goofy kids (that only picked my profile AFTER I changed my pic from the maroon coat one to this one) has the nerve to ask me why a "blk" woman as fine as me is wasting her time on a white guy! Okay, first of all, you have to go check out young Jason's profile (not the one I still have on my friends' list, but the one kid from Ohio). How does any kid dressed like Tupac the Musical have ANY right to tell me what is and what isn't a waste of my time??? Here was my reply:

Oh, honey...I hate to ask you, but who do you think you ARE??? :-)

Have you any idea how insulting this question is? How would you feel if some white guy asked the girls you've got listed as friends the same question? Is their association with you a waste of THEIR fine whiteness or something?

You post some pic lookin' like Thug Lite, then pop in and tell me how good I look, THEN you want to tell me how I'm wasting MY life??? Seems to me I read in YOUR profile that you HAD no racial preference...plus, the only black girl on your profile IS me, so what's the deal? It's obvious from your pic that you aren't looking for much more than a warm wet hole, so why does it matter to you where I get my real love from?

I really had hoped for a little better from you and was giving you a chance to show you were a young brother with a mind, but I guess I should have known you had a shallow streak when you added me to your friends list because I was "fine". What my husband and I have had for the past 9 years is something beautiful that I don't expect you could understand, despite your claims to be educated in your profile. Has it occured to you that that kind of "playa" talk is EXACTLY what's turning young men like yourself into soon to be lonely OLD men? There's not a black woman in the world that'll put up with that kinda talk...I mean, does your OWN mother appreciate hearing that's she's fine and that sort of thing?

Furthermore, it's a LOVE thing that he and I have, not a lust thing. I didn't know WHAT he looked liked when we first began talking and I'm glad I didn't now. I would have missed one helluva a man (in more ways than one, playa) if I had gone on mere looks.

In this day and age, you need to ask yourself are you really concerned about racial integrity, or are you just playing the same game that old men of all colors seem to play...the "they can't fuck OUR women, but we can fuck THEIRS" game. Neither one makes you look too bright, just bigoted.

Take me off your friends list, hon...I gotta play deeper than looks, okay?

D.

Now, Kevin thought this was pretty funny, 'cause he knew I was going to give this boy an earful (plus for him, the comment was too stupid to even take notice, like someone calling you Lucy from across the room in a really mean voice), but I'm not sure which is sadder, the fact that the poor kid thinks I'm somehow diluting our race or the fact that there's a LOT of guys who think the same thing. They can't do OUR women! Now, I'll hit any skins that run by, but those OTHER guys...THEY can only do their OWN race. The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Forgive me, but I'm blown away by what passes for depth on these sites, I swear. Does everyone come to these sites to hide who they really are or to make themselves feel better than everyone else? It's like high school all over again!

No comments: